By the time I update this blog on my travels, I will be back in Toronto.
Things I miss about Toronto
1. The familiarity of faces - Family and Friends
2. Fatty Foods - I want a juicy ass burger and a poutine when I get back!
3. Diverse Foods - Yes I’m asian, and I should love asian food (which I do) but I just want a nice Greek Salad once in a while or some decent sushi!
4. Cheese - people just don’t eat cheese here.
5. Salad - Salad’s here are butt fuck expensive. A salad the size of a small asian bowl would cost around 8 SGD.
6. Driving - this is just me being lazy, because i’m forced to walk and MRT everywhere, it’s made me feel hella healthy
7. Knives - they think it’s dangerous and shit
8. Tissue - they charge us for it here
9. My Bed - my bed here is hard as fuck! Sometimes I forget and I frolic on over to my bed, jump on it and instead of bouncing on my bed like I think I would, I just kinda…. land on it..
10. Uncensored movies - went to see an action film at the theatres. They mute all the swear words, sometimes they get someone to narrate over an inappropriate sentence, or there was a scene of a girl undressing and they just completely cut as soon as she was opening her robe… I thought there was something wrong with the movie.
11. AirCon - I’ve gotten used to the fans and warm temperature. But for those hot days, I just want to walk into a nice cool room! Sometimes I expect that when I walk into my dorm room with the fan… instead a wave of warm air greet me.
12. Understanding People - I don’t understand everyone in Toronto and they do speak English here… but their Singlish accents are bloody hard to understand sometimes!
13. My mom’s back scratches … yeah I said it.
Malaysia - Part 2
These are the 2 towers in KL, apparently it’s some big tourist attraction. It was pretty at night but nothing really to see.
After we went for beer, and it was just as expensive as we would pay in Singapore and way watered down… soo disappointing!
On another night we went drinking with some people we met from our hostel. Won had a bit too much to drink that night! Once she fell off her seat, we knew it was time to take Wonniepoo back to the hostel!
STREETFOOD is the best! This was a stall where they charged you by the skewer. You chose whatever you want and you had the option of hot pot or grilling it!
The next day we decided to go find this lake Alex wanted to see and to get away from the dirty streets of Chinatown KL.
We got lost on our way there so we went to a fine arts museum, FREE of charge and found this children’s ‘exhibition’ … probably the most exciting thing there anyway…
This is the beautiful lake we found… -_- it was worth the 2 hour trek there!
THE END. KL was crap and I never want to go back! :D Cheers!
Malaysia - Part 1
Overall KL, Malaysia was a disappointment… it was dirty and NOBODY knew their directions. Every local we asked for directions would say.. just go straight.
ANYWAY, the first tourist thing we did was visit the Batu Caves!
I climbed those steps! My quads and buns (which I had to explain to Won, what I meant by ‘buns’) were burning!!!
(Alex, being all, da fuq guiseeee, hurry up)… just kidding!
After, we decided we would go to a reserve to have some tea in a treehouse…. but once we got there, we found out it was closed for Chinese New Year! Y’all should’ve seen my face of unimpressed, who the heck closes 2 days before Chinese New Year, for Chinese New year!?!
Anyway, we paid 5 bucks to get in and decided to go hike in the forest.
Once we got out of the forest, I felt something pinch my leg. When I looked down I found one of these suckers sucking the shit out of my leg! LEECHES!
Alex laughed at me, then looked down at his feet to see 5 leeches on him, MUAHAH
After that, we got lost for an hour, ended up going to the owner of the reserves house where they were prepping for a wedding, where they told us the only way back was to go through the trail….
So overall, it was a very tiring and somewhat eventful day…
The trials and tribulations of Maddie’s life!
So after coming back from Thailand, the last night, my legs were attacked and eaten alive by blood thirsty bitchass mosquitos… I think…
At first they looked like this:
But then after … it got worse. The bites began to swell up and my legs made me look like a lumpasaurus and looked like this:
I went to the doctor and he gave me cream and PILLS….
Let’s just say i tried very hard to keep my legs covered up in the sweltering Singapore heat!
THAILAND - Day 3
I should really be doing my homework, but due to high requests of blogs post and me just procrastinating, here it is!
We booked a tour to see caves and shit, and while waiting we saw this!
Pretty rocks and water!
All the kayakers waiting for them tourists to board!
This was our kayak guy! He was cool, so we tipped him :P
A flower the kayak dude made for us! It smelled like butt, but it was pretty…
The first jellyfish I’ve ever seen!!
On our way back, our tour company put on a magic show for us… this is a glimpse of what happened!